Diamond Engagement Ring
Most people only experience a marriage proposal once in their lifetime. You would want it to be both memorable and perfect. After you’ve gotten up the nerve to ask, you might have trouble finding a creative way to pop the question. Diamond on Net will make it easier for you with these romantic and unique marriage proposal ideas that are sure to make a big impression.
1. Arrange to meet her in a beautiful park near some riding stables. Rent a knight’s armor from a costume shop or theatrical company and pick it up on the way. Rent a horse at the stables, don the armor, ride up to meet her and offer to be her prince. Present the ring with princely flair on bended knee. You could have someone in the bushes nearby ready to play Holst’s “Jupiter” as she starts to see you in the distance.
2. Cook and set an elaborate candlelight table (or cater if you are not talented in the kitchen) for a quiet romantic dinner for two at home. Serve her a glass of champagne with the diamond ring in the bottom or ribboned to the stem.
3. Have an artist paint her portrait, adding a box with an engagement ring in her hand before you present it. When you present the portrait, have the ring ready when she asks about it.
4. Bring home an enthusiastic new puppy with a ribbon for a collar. Have the ring in the bow for her to find as she cheerfully greets the cuddly pup.
5. Have a plane sky-write your proposal. Plan it for the day of a family picnic, boat ride or other outing so she is sure to see it. Have your diamond ring ready when she sees your proposal.
6. Hire a magician to entertain just the two of you. Have the magician make the box with the engagement ring mysteriously appear as the surprise ending of the last trick.
7. Memorize a short French poem and recite the poem to her at a French restaurant as you offer the ring. Be sure to know what each word means so you can demonstrate your savoire faire. Have the ring ready in a presentation box.
8. Decorate a Christmas tree with lights and only one ornament — a ribbon or bow tied around a velvet ring box. Ask her over for a Christmas celebration for just the two or you.
9. For a very traditional approach, ask her father for her hand in marriage. When the approval is given, make plans for the next family gathering and make your proposal to her in private with diamond in hand. When she says yes, stand up and announce your engagement to everyone.
10. Prime a friend with harmless little secrets about the two of you, and have him pose as a psychic when you dial. Be sure to ask the right personal questions to make it look authentic. Have the psychic predict a diamond in her very near future. Then make your proposal on the spot.
11. At a college or professional sporting event (if you both like sports), arrange to have your message displayed on the scoreboard after halftime…”Karen…Will you marry me?” Have the diamond ready in a presentation box.
12. Arrange to have dinner together at your favorite Chinese restaurant. Have the waiter give her a special fortune cookie with “Will you marry me?” in it. Or you could have it say, “You will receive a diamond in the very near future.” And present the diamond in a box.
13. During dinner at your favorite restaurant, arrange with the waiter to have the diamond in a box as one of the choices on the dessert tray. Tell her she is the sweetest thing you know and you can’t resist her any longer.
14. Place the diamond in a presentation box at the bottom of a box of Cracker Jacks(R)… and give her the special box at your next baseball game and ask her occasionally if she has found the prize yet (to keep her alert to finding it).
15. For the chocoholic: Chocolate-dip the diamond box, and put it in the center of a box of chocolates when you are alone for the evening. She will always wonder what’s in the largest piece of candy. Pick it up for her and open it with panache.
16. Invite her for some games at home. Use Scrabble letters and spell out “Will you marry me?” Have the diamond close by.
17. Create a personal Web page with her name and your proposal with a picture of the diamond in its velvet presentation box, and send her the Web address. Or sit down together to surf for good vacation sites, and visit a site or two before you type in the site address.
18. Set a date to go to the movies, then rent ad space for your proposal at your favorite theater. Make sure you have the diamond with you.
19. Take her for a surprise picnic at the beach or in the woods. At the picnic spot, spell out “Marry Me” with stones, flowers or seashells. Put the diamond in her hand when she says yes.
20. Rent a limousine for the evening and be inside when they pick her up at home or work. Take her to an elegant restaurant for a romantic candlelight dinner for two, then present her the diamond on the way home in the limo.
21. Tell her to take time off work and arrange for everything to be covered for a week (but don’t tell her where you will be going). Make all the plans for a week’s vacation in a five-star resort in Mexico. Propose one evening at a restaurant with serenading mariachis. You can have the diamond ready in your pocket.
22. Order a dozen red roses and pick them up yourself at the shop. Write the card to say, “Will you marry me?” and put the diamond in a presentation box with the roses. Present the flowers during a candlelight dinner for two at home (cater if you can’t cook).
23. Mail her a romantic poem from Shakespeare or Browning. Include a photo of yourself on your knees with a diamond in your hand, and write on the back in marker, “Will you marry me?” Be ready, hiding outside her house when she normally opens her mail, and go inside with the diamond in hand when you hear her scream with joy.
24. For the serious netizens — E-mail a 3-D animated graphic of a loose diamond, with the message, “Will you marry me?” If you can, time the delivery of the e-mail when you can be there in person to see her reaction and get your answer.
25. During a vacation at one of the fancy hotels that leaves chocolates or mints on the pillow each morning — Sneak back after she leaves the room for breakfast, make the bed, put out the “Do not disturb” sign. Leave the diamond in a special box on the pillow in place of the mints so she finds it when you get back. diamond painting eigenes foto