How to Catch Largemouth Bass – Tips For Catching More & Bigger Bass
In this article I’m going to give you some tips on how to catch more and bigger bass. This isn’t going to be a step by step explanation of how to catch largemouth bass, but rather tips to make you a better and more effective bass fisherman. Any or all of these tips can be implemented almost immediately, and will help anyone have a good day fishing.
Before I list the tips themselves, let me start by sating that in my experience the simplest things are often the most effective when it comes to fishing for largemouth bass. Many times there seems to be a tendency to overcomplicate things and make bass fishing seem like rocket science. It’s not; after all we’re just trying to catch a fish, right?
In any case the following tips will help any angler learn how to catch largemouth bass with consistency.
- Largemouth Bass have a very sensitive sense of smell and can easily detect any human scents. This is why your hands needs to be cleaned of unnatural scents or baits should be sprayed with a fish attractant. Making sure that your bass bait is free of any human scent is a key to catching more & bigger bass.
- Bass like underwater structure of almost any kind. Pylons, docks, underwater brush and/or tees, weeds, and rocks all attract largemouth bass. When fishing for these fish, fish around underwater structure whenever you can.
- Largemouth Bass prefer cooler water temperatures, especially when it’s really hot outside. This is why fishing in the morning and evening is so popular. When the sun is high in the sky, target the shade created by trees and/or docks.
- Be on the water at the most opportune times. The easiest way to know the most opportune times to be on the water is to pay attention to the weather and moon. These two forces of nature have an amazing impact on the behavior of fish.
- Largemouth Bass like baitfish, so using a lure that imitates bait fish is a great idea. The more realistic your bass fishing lure the more success you will experience. If you like fishing with live bait, whatever baitfish is prevalent in the water you are fishing will work great.
- These Fish are largely an ambush predators, so look for places where the bass can hide from their prey to ambush it, then pull your lure past these areas. Using a “start & stop” retrieve sometimes triggers bites as well.
Using any or all of the tips above will help anyone determine how to catch largemouth bass with consistency. Remember; there’s no substitute for spending time on the water practicing your craft, so get out there and go fishing as much as you can. Practicing your bass fishing skills will pay very big dividends in your catch rates. delta 8 moon rocks